Luxury Homes and Home Design in Houston
Offering Unique Design Complimented by Unparalleled Quality for Your Prosperous Lifestyle
Marwood Construction has earned the Graduate Master Builder (GMB) designation from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). This designation requires that graduates meet prescribed educational requirements and verify a tenure of seasoned experience as a master home builder. This is the highest designation that the NAHB offers qualifying professionals. The NAHB goes to great lengths to qualify its graduates assuring home building clients have a greater confidence in hiring a GMB because it defines the professional benchmark for business achievement and conduct that should be used to measure builders.
We understand that providing only one contracting method of having your new home design built does not satisfy all the clients’ needs. Marwood Construction offers their discriminating clients different construction services options to satisfy their financial and service needs building their luxury homes.
Through our systematic process we determine home design requirements, lifestyle functions and budgetary needs to assist in pairing you carefully with the best design team that fits your interest. The purpose of this consultation is to provide our clients with a road map in navigating the designing and building of luxury homes. The custom home design and building process is complicated and a very personal experience. Our luxury home construction approach facilitates the owner through the landmines inherent to the process, allowing them the needed time to research and make the required decisions in realizing their home design and building goals.
Marwood Construction provides our discerning clients alternatives typically not available when designing and building their dream luxury homes. We understand the overwhelming complexities associated with finding the perfect lot, selecting a home designer that captures your imagination and a trusted builder that will compassionately guide you and your family through the financial and emotional process effectively and efficiently.
Our professional team is committed to carefully advising our home building clients while serving their needs above all. Our goal for this collaborating effort is to provide you our best effort in planning, budgeting, scheduling and executing both your home design and the construction of your new luxury home. We take the management of your resources and the role as trusted adviser with great respect for the imposed responsibility and honor.
We will always make a genuine effort to listen and openly communicate with you during the home design and building of your luxury home. Through our design build collaboration, we promise to supply you a quality product without breaking the bank. We are committed to delivering our clients unique customer experience.
Marwood Construction strives for excellence by demanding more of ourselves than our clients do. We want your business and we want you to tell others about us. We are committed to excellence for your project and will create a luxury home you will be very proud of.
We at Marwood Construction want to assist our clients in realizing their design build goals by providing the most satisfying journey we can facilitate. This includes unparalleled customer service in shaping and creating your mind’s eye custom home, keeping you fully apprised of relevant information and efficiently building an exceptional master crafted finished product . We have no desire to be the largest luxury home builder but rather the best.
New “One of a Kind” Design Build Luxury Home Building Services
Design Build Luxury Homes Design Standards
- Build for Quality – Quality is defined by many methods and standards and ultimately judged by people subjective perception. The industry has created degrees of acceptability and margin allowances to objectify minimum standards as benchmarks. These are the following common sanity test for measuring quality;
- Observation – Does it pass the eye test
- Functional value – Does it operate for its intended value so not to be serviced regularly
- Aesthetic value – Is it attractive to look at or do the flaws interrupt its appeal
- Tolerance Standards – Are their established performance / tolerance standards
- Reliability Standards – Will the serviceability of the item be reliable
- Sustainability & Green Building
- Use of building products that are biodegradable
- Use of energy efficient products
- Onsite energy producing sources
- Use of recycled building products
- Use of water conservation techniques
- Universal Design
- Accessibility for entering and exiting
- Flexibility of use by all ages
- Low requirements of physical effort to use comfortably
- Size and space relationship for functional use
- Simplistic design for intuitive use
- Tolerance for errors for unintended use or accidental errors
Competitively Bid Architectural Plans & Documents
The competitive bid approach to building one-of-a-kind luxury homes is the most common and traditional process used in selecting a builder. It does not mean that you will receive the best price nor does it guarantee that you will get the best builder. There are 4 specific elements required to create a verifiable competitive bid for your new custom home;
- Detailed home design plans and supporting documents
- This is a critical requirement. If there are errors in the plan or holes in the specifications and documents, this can cause large swings when comparing bids
- Comparable and qualified builders
- This is just an important consideration. If you do not use qualified comparable general contractors, the bid comparisons become difficult to measure. Low biding is a bid strategy commonly used by certain builders to win contract awards, knowing that there are holes in the plans and specifications that will later be used to create change orders.
- Narrow and tightly structured selection allowance schedule
- Selection allowances are used when either the product selection has not been completed or the owner goes out for bid. If these allowances are not clearly defined in a dollar amount or there is a large number of allowances, this can lead to misunderstandings concerning discounting practices and installation labor as a portion of the total allowance price.
- Tightly structured and uniform bid format for comparison
- If the bids are not uniformly and consistently presented in a defined format, there can be numbers excluded or included that are not measurable due to the owners inability to identify the scope of work or associated cost.
Construction Management Advisory Services
There are significant advantages to the construction management approach over both the design build and competitive bid approach. They require the owner to either share in the risk of the overall total cost or incur an additional expense to the other methods when using construction management as a quality control / assurance method supplemental to design build or competitive bidding.
- An objective construction advocate in your corner
- Process transparency for the owner
- Highest level of accountability
- Seamless and uniform communication amongst all parties
- Immediate response to problems or inquiries
- Efficiency realized by expert controlling the entire process